BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS I WAS JUST WONDERING CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH MY SEAT IT SEEMS TO BE STUCK (DRIVER SIDE) 94 BMW 325I

AND ALSO THE TILT IN MY MOON ROOF DOEA NOT WORK

AND ALSO WHAT IS THE DEAL WIHT THIS BREALIGHT CIRCUT THING IT KEEPS COMING UP ON BC

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME THAKS

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
three things, one-welcome to bmw-forums two-no capslocks please
three-check your fuses for the first two problems, the brake light change the bulb thats gone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:help Thanks for the reply but let me explain in detail Oh yeah and i did check the fuses and its still not working The driver seat on my BMW 325i 1994 model car is stuck in the recline position. When i try to put the seat in the upright position i hear the
motor running, but the the seat does not move and this is only for the recline position, the other positions move without any probelm I checked all of the fuses and they seem to be fine i would really appreciate it if some one could help me out

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
chris,
i'm having the same problem with my passenger seat. i was thinking i'd have to take the seat appart and make sure the motor is connected to whatever it needs to be connected to...

but i'm looking arround for information before i start.

have you found any?

thanks,
max

·
Registered
294 Posts
Seatback gearbox ....

There is probably just a brake light that's burned out triggering the OBC warning. The sunroof can be manually cranked closed, just remove the square panel around the switch and you'll see a spot for an allen wrench in the drive gear. Put the allen wrench in there and turn the gear to close the roof. Do you hear the sunroof motor turning but no movement? Or the electric motor doesn't work either?
The seat movement problem is the nylon pinion gear inside the gearbox is broken, you'll have to pull the seat and swap out the gear with one from a junkyard that's not broken. I got one from a junkyard up in NY (Nick @ Ace Auto Wreckers 800-273-3347), but you'll just have to call around. I think it gets broken when people "over drive" the seatback or put too much stress on it during movement. Anyway, BMW won't sell just the gearbox, they want to sell you the whole seat subframe for about $750. I paid a salvage yard $40 for just the gearset, but I only used the nylon gear.

The seatback drive motor and gearbox are located at the rear of the seatbottom behind a plastic cover....

View of seatback gearbox with seat removed from vehicle ....

There's about 8 Torx screws holding the motor and gearbox cover in place. Remove the motor (2 screws...) then remove the gearbox cover to expose the nylon drive gear that breaks.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts