BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound stupid, but i just got a new 325xi, and i'm wondering how to remove my automatic shift knob. I'm asking cuz i just dont want to mess anything up! Do I just unscrew it, and then screw the new one on? Pleez Help! :huh:

S

·
0 Posts
i believe you have to pull HARD straight up and itll pop off...thats how at least for manuals, i think its the same for auto though

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To put a new one on i just push down very hard?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Removal of the auto shift knob involves removing two screws, i think. You can't just pull it off because of the button mechanism.

S

·
0 Posts
the pistol grip on e46's i belive is pull up.....pull up to take off, push down to put back on...there is a DIY in the FAQ section on this!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the DIY is for a manual knob.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by anthony303@Jun 7 2003, 04:12 PM
I think the DIY is for a manual knob.
it also included the auto instructions i believe

·
Registered
25 Posts
there is an allen head screw that needs to be loosened to remove the auto shifter. put the car in 1st (not running of course) and look behind the shifter. Back out the screw with a small wrench and the entire shift with push button will lift up. Hope this helped.
Matt

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
okay,

i'm bringing this thread back again. i just picked up my new gear knob for the auto.

i have tried to just pull out, but to no avail. i cannot locate a screw.

i have searched and searched the net, but there doesn't seem to be any instructions for this.

i don't know why the dealers won't include instructions for the new parts. what do they want us to do? spend more money to have them install them for us?

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by AZ325Ci@Jun 22 2003, 12:34 AM
okay,

i'm bringing this thread back again. i just picked up my new gear knob for the auto.

i have searched and searched the net, but there doesn't seem to be any instructions for this.

i don't know why the dealers won't include instructions for the new parts. what do they want us to do? spend more money to have them install them for us?
what kind of knob is it......lemme take a look at my brothers 330 auto and see what i can find

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 22 2003, 06:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 22 2003, 06:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AZ325Ci@Jun 22 2003, 12:34 AM
okay,

what kind of knob is it......lemme take a look at my brothers 330 auto and see what i can find [/b][/quote]
i couldn't locate a pic of it, but i found one on bavauto just to show you.

this one is carbon fiber, but i got one in aluminum to match the titanium trim. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
thta's a pretty cool looking knob, but i don't think i would spend 150 bucks on a knob. but if it makes you happy then go for it.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 22 2003, 12:16 PM
thta's a pretty cool looking knob, but i don't think i would spend 150 bucks on a knob. but if it makes you happy then go for it.
btw, i didn't spend 150 for my knob. got mine from the dealer for 80 bucks.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Bro, how does the new one go on?? Is there a srew hole??

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Is there a screw hole on the new one?? I there is one than I would think the old one would have one also..If not, then start yanking!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts