BMW Werkz banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some Speedsensors Were Dirty , You Must Take Them Off For Cleaning And Must Put Them Back That Should Be Exactly Old Positions .

·
Registered
1 Posts
94 318i abs just came on after I rean through some deep water

check your relays, one has probably been broken, thats the usual cause for the abs light staying on
I have a 94 e36 318i convertible. My ABS light came on about 24 hours after running through some deep water during a rain storm. Is there a sensor that may have blown? I usually take the car in to have it worked on but want to see if I can fix this myself.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem with dash

I have a 1995 bmw 325is sports package..

My dash , speedometer, gas gauge, everything shuts off for a couple seconds while i am driving then light back up again and do it randomly. So separating the wires with electrical tape do the job? Can someone give me a more detailed operation description.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like a short to ground somewhere! Get a wire diagram. Pull the fuse and isolate the suspected wires. shake down the wires with a ohm meter and watch for a short to ground. Could be just like above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found the same problem with mine. I too was having electrical problems that acted like a ground was missing. I found my cable that ran up into the trunk lid broken and shorting. I was able to go to our electrical surplus supply and purchase about 4ft of 12 conductor cable for $3. I doubled up the the heavier wiring, but the rest I match per color at each end. Each connection that I have solder was protected by heat shrink. Then i ran both sides back up into the body so that the connections wouldn't show. It is a nice clean fix...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
question i just started having this problem my interior lights went out and my door lock fuse keeps blowing and my tailights only oneside works i will check that this weekend. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
For all of you planks that gave saltshaker a hard time take a look below at my E26 320 coupe,

Its lucky I was parking up or I'd have been in it!

people really should take this problem seriously!

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a real problem!! I had the tail light/ lic plate light/ interior light/ door lock fuse problems too. First time I checked I didnt look all the way down in the wiring shroud. Second time I knew something was up so I cut the shroud and found most of the wires COMPLETELY broken right where they all bend when the trunk closes. Fixed em and now all is good. Everyone check for this though!

·
Im Bluffin With My Muffin
5,992 Posts
^ kill the spammer!!!!!
edit: spammer gone

·
Registered
57 Posts
thanks speed. checking out this weekend. Pswirley, that ride of yours makes me think happy thoughts, takes me to a place where the road is smooth, wide and lots of cars to overtake; Paradise!! lol :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
regardless of the downloadable reading material mentioned above... I agree on the site's (bimmerwerkz) usefullness! I just purchased a '95 325i and decided to check out my trunk wires... EVERY SINGLE WIRE was worn in half! so I replaced all the wiring in the trunk lid and about a foot into the left quarter... I don't want a crispy bmw.

Thanks for the heads up BIMMERWERKZ :thumbs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Guys, kinda new here and am in need of a little help. Any help is greatly appreciated. Well i have a 2004 325CI, its a wonderful car, but am expieriencing a problem. My interior dome light which turns on all tha interior lighting keeps coming on, and this gets annoying. Does anyone kno the problem??? i keep switching it off, but seconds later sometimes minutes later it will come back on. Any help is appreciated, thank you!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
would this eventually happen to my ti compact too?? you dont see much Ti's on this forum :p but im sure everyone on 318ti.org has read bout this too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
nevermind my stupidity. i just looked at my car i have the same wiring running around my hatch and the tubing is flattened which cant be good, ill probably check it out later this week after i go get the car inspected and registered.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts