BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends, this is regarding 2005 745LI, I have recently changed coolant Thermostat, Upper and Lower Coolant sensor and Radiator fan. I keep on getting Engine overheated at 107C. The Water pump is working fine as I can c a steady stream of coolant in coolant reservoir. The coolant is between Min and Max range (no coolant leak).

Upper radiator hose is HOT and lower radiator hose is warm to touch.

I am able to drive for 30 mins continuously and the message keeps on popping and disappears and this cycle continues.

Any help is demystifying this issue is much appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to add 1 more thing, I have coolant temperature displayed in my car and even after driving for 30 mins, the the thermostat does not open allowing the cooler coolant in(the thermostat and upper/lower coolant sensors are brand new). The temperature hovers around 107C. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
As we all know, when we use the coolant normally, the purpose is to make our engine not so hot, because the engine will get hot when starting normally, which is an unavoidable condition.
The second is the condition of the thermostat. Maybe many people don't know this part very well. It can also bring some control function to our engine. In general, the valve of this component will gradually open when the temperature of the engine rises at about 80 ℃. At this time, the coolant also needs some maintenance. In this case, it is necessary for us to pay attention to the performance of the thermostat. If there is some fault or aging phenomenon in the overall performance of this part, the engine will not be cooled normally.
This are my experience when I drove my wuling confero, it's good to drive. But sometimes it got a little problem like engine overheated.

·
Registered
2008 535i e60 n54 sapphire black metallic brown/black interior
3 Posts
Hello Friends, this is regarding 2005 745LI, I have recently changed coolant Thermostat, Upper and Lower Coolant sensor and Radiator fan. I keep on getting Engine overheated at 107C. The Water pump is working fine as I can c a steady stream of coolant in coolant reservoir. The coolant is between Min and Max range (no coolant leak).

Upper radiator hose is HOT and lower radiator hose is warm to touch.

I am able to drive for 30 mins continuously and the message keeps on popping and disappears and this cycle continues.

Any help is demystifying this issue is much appreciated.

Thank you.
not meant as an insult but, could you possibly have the thermostat in backwards?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point, but I highly doubt that a thermostat can be installed reverse. Plus the hose will not fit on the wrong end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another observation, when I crank up the heater, the cabin gets pretty warm, so that shows the heater core is ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts