BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new owner here 1995 540i with a quick question;The po told me it was necessary to turn off the asc because one of the speed sensors was bad and with it switched on {light off} it behaves like a 4 wheel drive does on dry pavement.With it switched off it drives fine but seems to change gears late?? Does the wheel speed sensor also feed the transmission?

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
Yes they are linked, just change the wheel speed sensor and all will be fine.its not wise to drive with the ASC off.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are linked, just change the wheel speed sensor and all will be fine.its not wise to drive with the ASC off.
Thanks for the quick reply,I was hoping to change all four in the spring as I won't be driving her in the winter am I doing any damage driving with the asc off for the next couple of weeks?Sweet735 btw I have an '85 735i I just can't seem to justify selling !

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
You will be fine driving forever if you wish with the ASC off, but it can get a bit hairy in certain conditions...and hang on to the 85 735i, good cars far better built then my E38 and less complicated to work on/fix.

I had a feeling you had one due to: 735540..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.