BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to get some sort of armrest for my 1999 318is 2 door in black leather. i've been looking aorund and there seems to be a few options, but i'd rather hear from someone whos done it and what they recommend. the bmw kit to change the console base and add a vynl armrest is $495 can. alot of money for some leather to lean on.
i see there's some armrest from woodcompanyusa but i'm not 100% sure it's what i'm looking for, their e36 armrest looks like it would fit into my current console.
there is also another company that sells sort of a armrest insert that you jam into your cupholders, cheap but who knows how effective.
i'd search the forums if i could but all i end up with is database errors.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
bav auto sells the cheap one you speak of. They're nice. I'd get one but Ive gotten used to not having an armrest and dont see the point in buying one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bav ones look like a quick drop in solution, i got a response from the woodcompany one also. it looks a bit more permanent and gives some space. i see a couple used original kits on ebay also.

tho, i imagine after a few weeks of driving the bmw i might straighten out the lazy north american car slouch i've developed. it is a bit more fun to drive the bmw

1 - 3 of 3 Posts