BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I do not have any first hand experince with them, but from what I have read and heard from others is that their high end is good, but their low end is a bit too low.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I've got a kenwood head unit in my wife's car. So far so good, no problems. Sounds nice. Don't know much about the Video though ...

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i had one in my civic, kenwood are known for being super strong decks for its class, they dont come close to an alpine but for what you spend they are pretty decent.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Kenwood in my opinion is pretty decent...I have owned some in the past...I think they have gone downhill slightly in the past few years..Back in the 80's and early 90's they were the shit!

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i dont think they have gone down hill at all, i think that the competition has made progess and either matched or bettered kenwood. look at whats out there that seem to hold the same catagory,,,, alpine, clarion, pioneer premier, sony, jvc, nakamichi, eclipse, rockford, and on and on and on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Originally posted by Furious@Dec 7 2003, 03:13 PM
i dont think they have gone down hill at all, i think that the competition has made progess and either matched or bettered kenwood. look at whats out there that seem to hold the same catagory,,,, alpine, clarion, pioneer premier, sony, jvc, nakamichi, eclipse, rockford, and on and on and on.
Well i guess that is true if you think about it, I should have thought about it different, they haven't really gone downhill, they have just stayed where they are at..I guess thats what I meant by saying downhill but I shouldn't have worded it like that.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by Scarface+Dec 7 2003, 11:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scarface @ Dec 7 2003, 11:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Furious@Dec 7 2003, 03:13 PM
Well i guess that is true if you think about it, I should have thought about it different, they haven't really gone downhill, they have just stayed where they are at..I guess thats what I meant by saying downhill but I shouldn't have worded it like that. [/b][/quote]
:lol: no worries man, i was stating a difference of opinion,im not trying to make you seem like you were wrong in any way

·
Registered
457 Posts
You guys are so nice in here..........its weird.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by Eggrolled211@Dec 17 2003, 08:46 PM
You guys are so nice in here..........its weird.
:thumbs

Now shut up.

:joking:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kenwood's high end headunits are good my friend jus put one in his integra it sounds relly nice, they look hi tech...but you should also check out the pioneer and alpine headunits...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personally I'd go for a Pioneer head unit.
I've had Pioneers for years but once I thought I'd try the similar priced Kenwood Head unit and wished that I didn't!
I'm a loyal Pioneer man!

:dunno :bimmer :blowup

·
Registered
236 Posts
some of the new kenwoods are actually really good in terms of sq and reliability, but i'd still go for an alpine or a blaupunkt :D

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Well, Either brand you choose, you want the LEAST ammount of THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) The MOST ammount of SN (Signal to Noise ratio) and if you listen to the radio alot, you want the highest sensitivity radio sensor you can get (Better reception) A wide frequency response may help but dont rely on that too much. (you wont hear anything below 20 hz (only feel it with a GOOD subwoofer) and you wont ever really encounter much above 20,000 hz because cd's sample at 44,100 hz and are only capable of producing really bad high frequencies at half that. (mp3's sound worse as the audio specrum is GREATLY reduced than standard CD)
What I look for in a brand is reliability and quality. When I'm choosing equipment, I look at specs.
If I had to say a brand, go alpine, if you have the cash, and back it up with a really nice amplifier.

·
Registered
909 Posts
ok, when picking a HU you have two choices. Alpine or Eclipse. Both are easy to use, provide the best SQ and all around use. their hi end models can be pricey but hit up ebay man.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts