BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day my locks just went out. Im thinking that its the central locking system becuase I can open my door and lock it, but all of the other doors are locked and can't be opened from the inside or outside(obviously). I also hear a weird sound that is coming from the side of the car--(driver side) where the speaker is next to where your left knee is. I have been told that this is where the central locking system is located. I just want to know if anyone else has had problems with their locks and what they did about it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Pull your drivers side kick pannel and speaker, the pull out you CLS and check for corrosion on the wires, (high moisture area) if all looks good there's a chance your CLS control module is bad.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My locks haven't ever died totally, but they've only worked 100% for about two days since I've owned the car. The driver's door lock is incredibly hard to turn, and makes a nasty noise when it articulates. The passenger door doesn't (un)lock at all from the outside, and recently it won't even open with the central locks - I have to pull the pin up. I'm guessing that's a module problem.

However, my mechanic's replaced or rebuilt or done something to my driver's lock to get it to turn comfortably, but it didn't last more than a month. What could that be.

Sorry to hijack your thread, sir. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
All doors/trunk should be able to lock/unlock manually, WITH EASE. If they don't, your locking mechanism is shot and needs to be replaced. You have to take the door panel off to access the locks. If you want your original key to work, you need to take out the tumbling mechanism from the lock assembly and take it to a locksmith and have him re-tumble the new lock to the original key. I just had this done to my DDL about 3 months ago. I also replaced my CLCU and everything locks/unlocks correctly along with the central locking (except for ONE time).

READ THIS:

http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=articles&report=view&ID=00053&Section=02

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts