BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey has anyone added speakers to their car larger than factory size? i have 2 6x9's and 2 6.5's with components almost new sitting here collecting dust. until i get the full 411 on the rest of my mods im bored, has anyone cut the metal or the cars? is it possible? pros cons? how hard is it?rewiring? anyone got site or thread on manual full system install e36 4dr 325i 92 :screwy

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have that exact kind of setup...

For the fronts I took out the side plastics, so it would have better sound.

For the backs I cutted in the trunk the big piece of steel, (I made the hole larger) so the iron could fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well... I don't know, my neighbor did all the cutting, but He said it wasn't difficult, in matter of 30-45 mins I had my car back on my garage enjoing loud music :cheers

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
dude.....thats gonna look ghetto.....

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
your gonna put them on your rear deck right....thats the only place to put them....and sicne the other speakers are there....its gonna look really ghetto....home cut jub for one....not gonna look good, it will be off...and two huge 6x9's sitting next to these square things covering 4 and a quarters...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Custom Cold Air Intake.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
all right... what I meant is that I replaced the stock speakers with the 6x9 speakers, with the grill it doesn't look bad.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
any metal cutting tool will work. the best thing to use would be a plasma cutter, but you would probably set the inside of the car onfire or at the very least scorch the carpets. To enlarge the hole, try a jigsaw with a carbide blade.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
dremel tools work well to with fiberglass reinforeced cut off wheels.

The previous owner of my car had cut holes in the steel for bigger speakers 5x7s or 6x9s, not sure which as I havent looked that close yet... but they are right where the stock ones go thus under the stock grills. and the stock speakers seem to have gone back in wtih out trouble despite the mod.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
getcha a nice reciprocating saw, Cuts through anything. Yah plasma would make the prettiest cuts but, you need to really know how to use it and yah, it does make some molten steel sparks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts