BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is- The full story.
The 98 328 was stored all winter, and upon reviving it for spring- the battery was dead. No big deal right? So it turned out the battery was due for replacement, so i put a fresh one in.
keep in mind the roof has always worked perfect, and now nothing! Actually it was semi -working at first with the new battery. the windows would go down a 1/2 inch at a time instead of the usual smooth decent. I started looking in the manual about manual operation...(uh oh! I know like I said above, i'm an idiot.)_ I pulled the lever under the back seat- So now I suppose I disengaged the entire system?
The question is: how do i re-engage the system?

Any idea why the system was stuttering a 1/2 inch at a time?

Now nothing- maybe because i "may have" disengaged it?

Is there fuses other than under the hood for this car?

Sorry guys, new to the world of Bimmers! Just want to get that roof down to show off my beautiful wife in this great weather! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Johhny- Unfortunately still no go. My convertible button is flashing again, but nothing happens. the windows don't budge- nothing. I am trying to locate fuse #49 in the trunk. Any ideas? I found one lonely fuse beside the battery, not sure if this is the one...So frustrating having hot weather, with the top stuck shut!
In relation to the video above, my tonneau cover lever in the fender does not snap in place like in the video. However my top is fully automatic, so maybe there is slight variations to that semi auto...:emo

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Thanks Johhny- Unfortunately still no go. My convertible button is flashing again, but nothing happens. the windows don't budge- nothing. I am trying to locate fuse #49 in the trunk. Any ideas? I found one lonely fuse beside the battery, not sure if this is the one...So frustrating having hot weather, with the top stuck shut!
In relation to the video above, my tonneau cover lever in the fender does not snap in place like in the video. However my top is fully automatic, so maybe there is slight variations to that semi auto...:emo
Found this also: hope it helps.......

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/exterior/e36_convertible_adjust.pdf

jb :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.