BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! During my search for the Ultimate Driving Machine, I came across this forum, and must thank everyone for their contributions. I recently purchased a 1996 328i 4-door with sport package in EXCELLENT condition and must say that I am very impressed with the driving characteristics of the car.

Does anyone have any recommendations with respect to what I should do first and foremost with repect to ensuring the vehicle is in top notch condition, mechanically. It sounds as if a bushing or two might need replaced, but with 96K, the dealership which serviced the car for the individual I bought it from said I should not waste my money until a service is indicated (Oil change service at 5-7K from now.) I just want to make sure that it is providing the kind of ride I should be experiencing.

Will post some pics soon. You got to see the condition of this one. Pretty much stock, but you would not guess it has the miles it does or is the age it is from the condition.

Thanks a lot and look forward to more fruitful discussions.

P.S. It does not have a keyless entry/alarm system installed, should I make the investment and if, so, factory or Stellar?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hey welcome DrGoose!! I see you've been around here since 16-May 03.. B)

Good deal and glad you stopped back..congrats!! If you are looking for a troubleshooter for your ride I couldn't tell you..sounds like a solid ride to me!!

:thumbs

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
welcome i am sure you will like the lounge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts