BMW Werkz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this weird noise coming from the rear, i would say something around or underneath the trucnk, it is been there since a long time ago.

When in reverse and when turning either left or right at slow speed ( so you can hear it ) a CRACK noise comes up, likes from the rear....

So , when the car was under warranty I took it to the dealer, they said they repaired something related to the differential and bla bla bla as usual with them, of course they did not because came up again while warranty had expired.

Does anyone has this issue on your E46 ? any idea what it could be ?

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
then, is this something related with this Big issue with the subframes of the E46 that is at court with Bmw USA?

Is it something expensive to have repaired?
From my understanding, BMW settled and said they would repair sub frame damage for free. Read about the settlement here. I'm not sure the problem you are suffering from is subframe related though because if your subframe was cracked I'm pretty sure you would know.

I would definitely get it checked though. If this is something that is constant I can tell you it has the potential to get worse.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok...i would have the car checked.

Perhaps you know.......i read the link you wrote, but it does not says what will be the procedure for us to have these cars checked..... I guess all E46 owners should contact their local bmw dealers and schedule an appointment? since when they are committed to permor these inspections?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.