BMW Werkz banner

Another new bimmer owner :)

3K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  paul2k 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I just picked up my new (for me) 325i (e36 in the US?) :) It's a 1993 with only 52K kms on it. Paid only 500K Yen (around US$4,200) for it. Ligth blue with all black interior. Got some really nice leather seats. I was surprise to find a '93 with such a low mileage, specially when I saw the car condition. I've yet to see one single scrath on it. Interior looks and feels like a brand new car, really. Actually the whole car feels like new, if it wasn't for the 52K kms on the speedometer.

I think that my only complaint is the computerized LCD pannel. Some of the LCDs letters look like burnt out. I saw a 325i in Yahoo auctions(equivalent to Ebay) that is been sold by parts (insurance co. scrap). I wonder if it's really difficult to have it exchanged or if I could do it myself. I doubt it, though.

Now to the mods! Mi 325i is all stock so first thing will be the window tint. Will probably do it by next week at the latest. The next thing are the wheels. I know this been asked before, but I haven't found a straight answer. What's the widest I can go with 17" rims??? I've got some brand new (1 week old actually) 17/40/235-255 from my now defuct Aristo and was wondering if I could fit them on my 325i or if the 255's are way to wide for the rear without moding the car body (not on my budget at the time). Help on this matter will be greatfully apreciated. Next will be the exaust. And finally (if ever) the suspension.

I have taken some pics, but they look awfull. Will post them anyway. Once I get another decent set of pics, will post again.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Originally posted by paul2k@Aug 23 2003, 03:25 PM
Hey Adonis, what a coincidence. I just picked up off Yahoo Acutions a set of clear corners. Paid 10K Yen (about US$80). Will not what to do with them once they arrive, though. Are they really diffcult to install?
very simple to install, no screws etc...they're like snap on etc. :D

#10 ·
great jorb

#12 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Looking forward to stay here for a while :)

I paid 500,000 Japanese Yen for the car (live in Japan), Ski - which is equivalent to about US$4,166. I think I got a nice deal or didn't I???

As for the clear corners, I thought the assembly was harder than a snap-on. We'll see how I do once they arrive.

How about the wheels? Anyone got any idea how wide I can go? (Please check my original post)

Thanks again,

#13 ·
Originally posted by paul2k@Aug 24 2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Looking forward to stay here for a while :)

I paid 500,000 Japanese Yen for the car (live in Japan), Ski - which is equivalent to about US$4,166. I think I got a nice deal or didn't I???

As for the clear corners, I thought the assembly was harder than a snap-on. We'll see how I do once they arrive.

How about the wheels? Anyone got any idea how wide I can go? (Please check my original post)

Thanks again,
:welcome
thats a gorgeous car! and you got an awesome deal compared to what they go for here. that car would probably be another $3k in the US.

#14 ·
why are you in japan?

#16 ·
Hey lwebb12, I've been living in Japan for the past 7 years. I work in IT and Japan was once a blooming market. Now things hava settle down (just like in the US) but still we have a great economy comparing to other countries.

BTW, just came back from SuperAutobacs (autocare shop) and my options for dressing up my bimmer seem unlimited :) I just hope to get the extra time *and cash* to do it all :clap2

#17 ·
sweet

#18 ·
Originally posted by Asio@Aug 24 2003, 09:14 AM
OMG the steering wheel is on the wrong side again........I can't take it...... :banghead
hahahaa nah the steering wheel is on the correct side...

its great for over here cause if we want a jap import car the wheel is in the right place,... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello and welcome Paul2K......
nice ride. :thumbs

#20 ·
Hello all,

Got the tinted windows, front clears and wheels. What do you think?

I'm so happy with the way the car is looking. I promised myself not get bitten by the mod bug and thought about just changing the wheels and getting the windows tinted. Now I can not sleep thinking about the next mod :driving

Once I get some extra cash I would like to work on the suspension and then on the exhaust system.

Once again the pictures I took look awful but what the heck. I'll post a before and after pic. I will (this time for sure) post again once I get some decent shots.

Attachments

#25 ·
Thanks for the comments ;)

>> that looks sweet, did u tint the front window or is there a law over there that limits it like here? <<
Thanks bimmer328isss; No I did not tint the front windows as last time I did i got pulled over and got a mean ticket :pissed2

>> Pimp ride, nice work!!!!!!! <<
So, am I a pimp now B) ???

>> mmmmMMMM that looks like a tight ride.. perhaps, can I have it? :) <<
Yeah of course you can have it gh0st. I'll give it to you if you can find me here in Tokyo :p

>> i think he has the front windows down? dude.. 52kilos? isn't that like 25k miles??? for HOW MUCH? <<
I got it with 54,000Kms on it (about 33K miles) and paid around US$4,200, Walker. Car has a service record from day 1. I think I got a sweet deal comparing to US prices.

Got a couple more pics:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.