BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few horror stories about low quality angel eyes. I was just wondering if anyone has purchased the full headlight assemblies from turner motorsport. They have HID low beams in euro ellipsoids surrounded by supposedly super-bright halos. They are made by hella, so i figure they will be high quality. I'm just wondering if anyone has these or knows anything about them. They look hot. I just dont want to spend 1300 on redoing my headlights if these assemblies suck for some reason. Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I missed up buying from depo, eyes are no good but housing is oaky retro fitted X5 projectors with D2R HID very nice total cost $500 the depo lights with out eyes are $170 +$30 shipped from Tiwan I got the ones with eyes $260+$30 X5 projectors was free they are bigger then any projectors any who hella lights got small eyes and the housing is chrome looks like an Audi.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I purchased a bohmen HID kit just yesterday. After researching aftermarket kits, I decided they were the best brand to use and are TUV certified. $400 shipped from proxenon.com. I expect delivery by monday (hopefully sooner) and will have installed pics and how-to a few days after.

our sponsor sells ellipsoids for around 250 i think, then throw in the said HID kit and you're only at 650 instead of 1300.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aye, but see, i'm a greedy bastard. I want euro ellipsoids, HIDs, AND angel eyes. and i'd prefer them in a kit that i don't have to retrofit (i'm not afraid, i've done it before, I just like the clean look of an oem fitment... something that hella promises.) I'll keep that in mind though. Hell... if it comes down to it, i'll make my own. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jan 6 2004, 11:51 PM
I purchased a bohmen HID kit just yesterday. After researching aftermarket kits, I decided they were the best brand to use and are TUV certified. $400 shipped from proxenon.com. I expect delivery by monday (hopefully sooner) and will have installed pics and how-to a few days after.

our sponsor sells ellipsoids for around 250 i think, then throw in the said HID kit and you're only at 650 instead of 1300.
What da hak did you get for $400??? 2Ballasts and 2bulbs??? maybe rebased bulbs??? that's alot of doe bro.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
ballast, igniters, wiring, and h1 bulbs (plug and play, no mounting other projectors). kit is TUV and DOT approved (but not for retrofit) Bulbs are not rebased, but in-house D2 bulbs on laser cut base. 100% OEM alignment so no mismatched beam patterns like most rebased bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts