BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I read that my temp reads -35F because my sensor may not be functioning. Now I have two plugs one on the drivers and one on the passenger side. The passenger side has a sensor attached, the drivers just has the plug no sensor are there supposed to be two sensors?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
As far as I know there is only one sensor. You may just need to check the connections on the sensor you have. It is the yellow sensor that goes in the brake cooling duct, correct?

What car do you have? Is is automatic or manual?

On my 1996 manual 328i, the sensor was on the left side (driver side for me).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I found the senor plugged into the foglight plug when I went to install the foglights...lol!

So I read the socket is on the drivers side? I saw a diagram and it looked like the right or passenger side for me? Can someone give me an idea or pic that would help find the sensor socket and if anyone knew the color of the socket or wires even better. Its not real impotant but I heard the AC wont work when if reads -35F

Thanks In advance
Joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
god im a stupid a$$
sorry new to bmw, just when i figured out my saab.. I guess I needed the challenge...
Ok last question on this and I'm done...

so I'll assume its the yellow socket on the left side since the sensor is yellow?
If thats the case, I plugged it in and still reads -35 so assume the sensor is bad?

OK Im done... Thanks Again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.