BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday the 1st of December I went to Auto Alpina - Boksburg South Africa to get a key replaced for my 1996 525i. (the key fell into water). Thursday they told me that I have to bring my car in to them so that they can get the EWS number from it - no cost involved, today - friday, they called me to say that the key and the control unit needs to be replaced as the control unit is faulty. This is totally unacceptable. It makes me wonder that a high profile car manufacturer like BMW think their customers are stupid. Everything worked fine until the key got wet...how on earth can the control unit now be busted!!!. They had the nerve to tell me that I must now pay almost R4000 for a control unit that was not faulty. This is my third BMW, and I was looking forward to get another one. But after this I am seriously considering another car manufacturer. I asked them to leave it, I will disable the alarm myself. So they told me I'd have to pay for the diagnosis. I did not ask for any diagnosis. I only want a new key for which I am willing to pay. What should I do now?.
:pissed2

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
GO to another dealer (if available) and tell them you need a new key. If thewy need the ESW number, or whatever, then you give it to them.

What exactly is faulty with the control unit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is nothing wrong with the control unit...it keep setting the alarm off because the last action was LOCK...which is 100% correct...the problem I think is that this dealer don't know how to unlock it...Now I've only plugged in one plug and everything on my computer works except the alarm...which is fine by me...I'm putting in a nice alarm that is better than the current one and you dont need funny keys for it...BTW I just found out how really easy it is to steal my own car....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts