BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ILOVEZ4@Jun 22 2003, 08:25 PM
ok what is the alpina? my brother was talking about it what the heck is it??????? :banghead
its based in europe, they take bimmers and add lotsa parts to it. Highly coveted here in the US....Fatty has an Alpina Replica, to give you an example

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
alpina is more than a tuner. its basically a totally different car. alpina takes the shell of a non-M bmw, and rebuilds it using their own choice of after market parts or alpina original parts, they also re-do the interior. alpina also rebuilds existing bmw engines to different displacements. what u get is a more powerful, better looking, better handling, more prestigous car than a standard bmw. there is a very large premium to buy a alpina tho, and theyre only available in europe

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Alpina convert virtually the whole BMW range..... as MrM3 quite rightly says Alpina takes a BMW, strips it to the shell and replaces everything else.....

if you ever get to look at one, have a look at the chassis number on the suspension turret, you can see the original BMW vin number and it will have a cross through it and the Alpina number stamped above.

You can always tell a real Alpina by the little plaque on the dash, showing what model it is, and its manufacture number (number off the production line) , and then theres the chassis number.....

if you look above you can see the B3 badge on the right hand side, these are normally only available from Alpina on supplying an Alpina vin number.....luckily i know some one with one :thumbs

there other little things that you can look for, but you can obtain genuine parts to give the effect.....

like the wheels...

genuine Alpina rims have 20 spokes unlike the copies which have only 19 (this is because of copyright laws), also genuine rims have the valve underneath the centre cap which has a key lock on it.

spot the replica........ :blink:

if you want to see more, feel free to view my web page, just click the link below.....

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Alpina

·
Registered
108 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts