BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help w/ an airbag light ?

A week ago, after the driver side power window jammed, and a new window regulator was installed (yes, the window works again), the red airbag light came on - it's still on

A scan showed code "05" but could not be removed

What's the next step to resolve?

Thanks all

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
I presume whoever changed the window regulator didn't disconnect the battery prior to taking the airbag out, risky business, you can only reset the airbag light via diagnostics some code readers do not have this capability.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
airbag light on

I presume whoever changed the window regulator didn't disconnect the battery prior to taking the airbag out, risky business, you can only reset the airbag light via diagnostics some code readers do not have this capability.
Thanks - that's very helpful

Took the car to the BMW shop, they attached a different scanner, found the error to be an airbag fault, reset the code and the light on the dash is now off

Does the failure to disconnect the battery when replacing the window regulator damage the air bag and require replacement or does it merely set off the airbag light on the dash?

Thanks in advance,

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
The failure to disconnect the battery and remove the connection for any airbag in the car will set the light on and no the airbag will not be damaged, I have seen one go off in someones face because they didnt disconnect the battery.....not a nice sight afterwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you disconnect the battery to make the light turn off? Mine came on but not sure why unless the something got into the wires under the seat. I haven't had any work done to it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Disconnecting the battery shouldn't be able to reset the light. If it came on and nothing was done to the car then there is probably something going on. You might just need to get it looked at. Good luck.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
As said ^Disconnecting the battery will not turn the light off when reconnected, you really need to get it check out via diagnostics....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts