BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '99 323i sedan and sometimes when im idle theres this very loud rattling coming from the engine compartment. i went to my mechanic and they said it was the air conditioning compressor. i checked it and the rattling did coincide with the times i used my ac. so is there anything i can do to it instead of replacing the compressor b/c i kno the compressors run for about 1k. is there like something i can adjust so the rattling stops? help me out cuz the noise is getting extremely annoying. :wrench

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
naa you cant mess with an AC system once the clutch or the pulley goes so do the internals.. dont fuck with it you might get hurt that stuffs dangerous. if you cant stand it have your ac completly removed lol.. hey its less weight on the car youll save like 40lbs with the entire ac system out lololol.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The compressors are junk. They aren't that hard to replace if you know what you are doing and you have a recovery machine. Typically the dealer charges 2-3 hrs labor. I used to do them in 35-45 minutes, if that tells you anything. Do have them change the compressor and the drier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts