BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a thread from the m3forum. apparently the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will be banning the sale of aftermarket HID kits as of 8/15/03.

http://216.118.86.224/m3forum/showthread.p...5949#post105949

the ban is ONLY for the actual HID, you can still get ellipsoid/projector beam housings (like ZKW, inpro, etc), just the HID source (bulbs & ballasts) are affected. affects aftermarket only, not OE. note that it has always been illegal to use non-OE HID on public roads, but it was difficult for the NHTSA to enforce, so they are resorting to banning the sale of such items.

whether or not it is a hoax, vendors are taking it seriously enough to liquidate their remaining inventory. either way, as they have all dropped their prices, now may be a good time to get an HID kit if you've been thinking about it :)

for more info, you can read here and make your own conclusions.
hidforum
candlepowerforums

disclaimer: i have no affiliation with any HID vendor or manufacturer

·
Registered
77 Posts
yes it is sadly true. I never thought it would come to this :nope

IF anyone wants HIDs you are going to need to act fast. some places have already stoped selling. I can get anyone good deals on catz HIDs up untill Aug 15. after that no more HIDs. IF anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Danm I was gonna get HIDs for Christmas.... I NEED A SET NOW

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
what kinda money are we talking? Id like a set of HIDs and Ellipsoids. Gimme prices.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
NTSB bringin down that hammer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts