BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 96 318is and my car does not have an alarm system and I'd like to get one on it for several reasons (one of them being that I'm tired of opening and locking my door with my key! :shifty) . I contacted my local dealer and they said they wont be able to get an alarm system in my car and that my only option would be to get an aftermarket one. So what are my options? I did some research online and I found a huuuge difference as far as prices go. I don't really think I need anything that fancy (supersonic sensor? nah!). Any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi There,

I have a 93 E36 316i. Mine actually DOES have the BMW alarm system... but I live in South Africa. For extra security, I installed the Shurlok Level 4 alarm with anti-hijack and immobiliser. Brilliant. It complements the BMW alarm beautifully, keeping unwanted elements out. There HAS been an attempt on my car (they got my laptop) but they didnt have time to do anything else... the car hit back! :)

Id recommend it ANY day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.