BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a pic of one in the showroom, but for 90 grand?? yeah, it's the most liveable supercar, it's as easy driving as a civic, but for 90 grand for a honda? i don't know about that. i saw a 996 targa drive by, and i was wondering if i'd rather have the 996 than the acura. yeah, i'm positive i would. that thing was hot, and the glass roof was :wub: :wub:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by woobiee@Jun 13 2003, 12:21 PM
its a 3.0 liter engine...250+HP etc. for 90grand i would expect something more...umm like a v8 or a v12!! with umm 400+HP!!
it performs on par with the M3 and Carrera though. it has 290hp. and there are rumors of a hybrid NSX coming.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
the nsx does nothing for me, i agree with donut that 90 grand for a honda is crazy :wacko: btw donut, how was the TSX test drive?
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3@Jun 13 2003, 03:25 PM
the nsx does nothing for me, i agree with donut that 90 grand for a honda is crazy :wacko: btw donut, how was the TSX test drive?
he didnt get to do it, they were out of stock
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
drive the car...its awesome - then judge. I still dont think its worth $90k but its a great car. Just because its Honda doesnt mean it drives like a Civic guys. ITs like saying that the Audi RS6 drives like a VW jetta.

Lawrence
 

·
Retired administrator
Joined
·
5,996 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 13 2003, 10:54 AM
:wub: :wub: i love 996's but to me, the nsx is shit
yup, I refuse to pay 90k for a car with a tuned up accord V6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you gotta admit, the styling is very attractive. i like it a lot. i was suprised how narrow the tires were though. up front they were 215, in the rear they were 255. that's pretty small for a car this caliber. and they're 17 inches. i assumed they would be 18's
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 13 2003, 08:26 PM
you gotta admit, the styling is very attractive. i like it a lot. i was suprised how narrow the tires were though. up front they were 215, in the rear they were 255. that's pretty small for a car this caliber. and they're 17 inches. i assumed they would be 18's
hahaha my bros 330 has bigger and wider rims!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 13 2003, 06:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 13 2003, 06:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--donutchow@Jun 13 2003, 08:26 PM
you gotta admit, the styling is very attractive. i like it a lot. i was suprised how narrow the tires were though. up front they were 215, in the rear they were 255. that's pretty small for a car this caliber. and they're 17 inches. i assumed they would be 18's
hahaha my bros 330 has bigger and wider rims! [/b][/quote]
there must be a reason for those size tires, maybe it's the optimal performace since the car is aluminum or something.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 13 2003, 08:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 13 2003, 08:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2003, 06:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--donutchow
@Jun 13 2003, 08:26 PM
you gotta admit, the styling is very attractive. i like it a lot. i was suprised how narrow the tires were though. up front they were 215, in the rear they were 255. that's pretty small for a car this caliber. and they're 17 inches. i assumed they would be 18's

hahaha my bros 330 has bigger and wider rims!
there must be a reason for those size tires, maybe it's the optimal performace since the car is aluminum or something. [/b][/quote]
ehh....some of the best exoits/sports car in the world use 18" rims, the M5, the lambo, ferrari, etc....
 

·
Retired administrator
Joined
·
5,996 Posts
optimum rim size is really dependant on the width and wheelbase of a car, plus the suspension geometry. I'm sure that 17" is plenty for an NSX. hell, 16" is optimal on my miata.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by triggrhaapi@Jun 15 2003, 03:10 AM
optimum rim size is really dependant on the width and wheelbase of a car, plus the suspension geometry. I'm sure that 17" is plenty for an NSX. hell, 16" is optimal on my miata.
i was reading in Car magazine, i thnik the british one, that the NSX was one of the favorite cars tested by the drivers because of it's easy as hell to drive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
yea im not a big fan of nsx's, just cuz they have a sport body style honda/acura thinks they can overcharge for them even though they aren't THAT fast, i would prefer a porsche, i think porsches are my new favorite cars, all of them, except boxters
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
yea boxter s is much more acceptable than the boxter, but i still would rather have a 911 turbo or gt2 or somethin like that, this might sound crazy but i think i am startin to like porsches more than ferraris
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top