BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda Accord 92, aka "Ghetto Rice," has some Eibach Pro Springs installed on it. I want to make it even lower and I was wondering, are the Eibach Pro Springs adjustable or do I have to switch it out completely? What exactly are coilovers? I heard those are adjustable (aka Ground Control). Is there anything that I can add to my existing springs to make it lower? Or do I just have to settle for coilovers?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
When you buy lowering springs, they come with an average (I say average b/c I've never had a car drop EXACTLY as specified) drop marked. You cannot raise or lower the car by messing with the springs in any fashion that is safe. Coilovers have an adjustable "collar" that can be tightened or loosened do compress/decompress the spring....just don't buy cheap ones.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by LandoAWD@Oct 14 2003, 04:25 PM
When you buy lowering springs, they come with an average (I say average b/c I've never had a car drop EXACTLY as specified) drop marked. You cannot raise or lower the car by messing with the springs in any fashion that is safe. Coilovers have an adjustable "collar" that can be tightened or loosened do compress/decompress the spring....just don't buy cheap ones.
yeah what he said :wink ground control is a company who make coilovers aswell as bilstein and there are probably a few others.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So coilovers is something that I add to my existing springs so that I can adjust ride height?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
THey replace the strut/spring combo with a specialized piece, though some require you to use the casings of the old struts.

·
Registered
310 Posts
how low to the ground is it at the moment??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is only 1" lower from the stock height, not sure how far off the ground it is, but it is not a considerably low drop, very conservative look, for me. I am lookin for a more aggressive low.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
nothing makes a rice car more aggressive than a heavy ugly body kit, a big aluminum wing, and a whole lot of stickers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts