BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just found this great forum and it has been a fountain of information. The only problem is that I'm not sure my question has been covered before since the search button doesn't seem to work for me. Anyway, here goes. A little while ago I was replacing my rear-wheel bearings and for some reason I had to take out the ABS sensor. After the job was completed, I put everything back in place and from that point on my ABS light has been on. I tried taking out the sensor cleaning it and then putting it back in... no luck... Then I tried the oposite putting some grease on the sensor (since it had some to begin with, and again, no luck. What can I do now? It's obvious that I did something to it when I pulled it out, but will replacing it solve the problem? Why would this happen?

Javiwwweb :banghead

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
My guess is that pulling the sensor flipped a bit in the On Board Computer. Translation - you probably need to take it a dealer and have them reset the light for ya, or get a tool that does the resetting.

Good luck, cheers, welcome to the forum, and next time wipe you feet huh. You tracked mud all up in this bizznotch and I gotta bust out the mop now ... *grumble grumble*

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hey welcome javiwwweb!! B)

Like GD stated you'll prolly going to have to have your OBC reset because the ABS sensor set off a fault code in there when you took it off..there is a way to do it yourself but I recommend you take it to the dealer on this one!! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll definitely take it to the dealer. I was kind of hoping that it would be something simple. I guess i'll cross my fingers. Thanks Again.

Javiwwweb

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
try getting the fault cleared , mechanics will use the modec tool. anyways , if that fails at least youll know whats wrong , with ABS it could be a few different things, left or right, speed sensor, brake sensor, etc etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts