BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with my '97 528i. I replaced front struts and bearing hubs and now the auto gearbox isn't changing past 3rd and abs & asc lights are on. Front sensors tested OK. Can anybody tell me which sensor affects what? Front right sensor connector has seen the ravages of time otherwise OK. Could the strobe strip on the new bearings:emo be causing the problem? Does anybody have an opinion? The lights go out on startup but re-appear after a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
check whether the hubs are specified for you car... all wheel sensors feed info on the ABS/ASC brain, and any fault can be read by a scanner so you best check them individually. OR,

better option is have the car scanned - it will tell you which sensor in particular is causing your problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar problem I have to change gears like a manual but my tranny is an automatic abs light and asc light is on. The only thing is I have no idea what changes were done to the car before I got it. Someone said my abs pump is probably bad. Is there any way to check it?
Scanned it and no codes came up!
Help us out if possible tired of changing gears.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to everyone who replied. Problem solved..............had the car scanned & was told "RH front wheel speed sensor missing", had a '99-2003 sensor, replaced it and lo & behold, gearbox back to normal. Lights still on but should clear OK when I receive software for my laptop. Easiest fix since I got the car. Some you win, some you don't!!
Once again thanks all!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.