BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a big problem and i don't know how to solve it.

Lights for ABS and ASC are on, so that means that ABS and ASC aren't working. In this time of year on road is snow, I noticed that when I step on the brake (strong step) the pedal is "bouncing" and sometimes it seems to me that the rear wheels "deblock". On tester showed that the ABS pump must be cleaned. So the mechanic told me that the pump seems to be dead, it seems to me that if the ABS pump were dead the pedal won't bounce and the rear wheels won't "deblock" (sometimes).

Maybe someone knows more about this??

I ask for help because the 2.8 engine is difficult without ASC to ride in such situations (snow), and as this is my first RWD.

Thanks in advance.

Greet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't know how would that help becaus E46 year 98 don't have sensor for break fluid only FL or am i wrong?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worn brake fluid can be the cause; I wasn't thinking about the level.
I know what you mean, but how does the ABS pump know that the brake fluid is worn and that it must turn off, there is no sensor for that, so i think.

P.S. on tester the mechanic turn on the ABS pump/motor an there was no respond, but while driving/hevy breaking sometimes i hear the motor/pump.

TNX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts