BMW Werkz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my damn ABS and air bag lights are on :mad what are things to look for to fix them?? would changing the abs sensor wires fix the ABS light? and what about the air bag light? what are the things i can look for? i really need to fix these 2 damn things to have the car pass inspection :mad :help plz thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
ba careful with this i have the same problem and i had the sensors checked and everything and my search was uneventful. then i took my car to bmw and they said it is a computer problem granted if you go to most junk yards they can help you out and get you a cheap one. bmw was charging like 500 and the junk yard i went to got me one for 100 so it all depends on what you need...just be careful because it may cost more than you want it to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
its a common problem , the airbag light at least , i had it , jumped on to the old ebay and bought an occupancy sensor bypass unit and the light was gone , basically the sensor on the underside of the seat has past its time and packed in so it doesn't sense if there is anyone sat in the seat , its most common on the passenger side. check wires etc under the seats , or do it the crafty way and take the bulb out :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Taking the bulb out won't do much, as BMW have already thought of that and mounted an LED directly to the cluster circuit board which will continue to show the warning. You need to read the codes as otherwise you will just be replacing parts until you stumble across the cause. Even if the airbag warning did relate to the passenger seat occupancy sensor and you spent the $1.50 and 10 minutes to make the bypass circuit, you will still need a tool to reset the fault code. The ABS warning is easier to clear - you just need to disconnect the battery after you replace the bad component.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.