BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK , I just bought a new BMW 330 CI the only problem I have with it is that I expected the light to be alot more blue. When i turn on teh headlights they are blue but slowly they start changing more to of an orange OEM look. Anyone know why?

G

·
blue is what....they actually turn to a white.....i have never seen them orange....and you dont really buy HIDs for the color.....they're great saftey devices!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
they should change to white, if yours do change to orange I would see your dealer, that may be a problem.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
welcome BMWCaP!!! glad to have you on board!!! :thumbs B)

the lights will shine blue when first turned on like you mentioned, but then will change to white when they warm up. i have not seen them change to orange. if it does, then you should ask you dealer about that, like cam has mentioned.

G

·
Originally posted by MrM3@May 23 2003, 10:04 AM
i'm pretty sure BMW's HID is 7000k which should always have a slight shade of blue, although its hardly noticeable except when u see it next to a car with halogens.
i can hop from the M3 to my bros Volvo and from the interior, it is obvious, the Xenons are super white, wereas the halogens are yellow.....they should be white.....i shouldve got a pic while i was out seeing the Matrix a second time, but i didnt :thumbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts