BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
hahahaha...

Is it me or is there nothing uglier than a ricer with a carbon fiber hood? They are totally mismatched. I asked a ricer once why they dont just paint it to match, "WELL GUY, CUZ THEN TEH A HOOD WILLNT BE AZZ LIT3!" How much heavier would paint make the fuckin hood <----real question, im actually curious.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by dubumb@Jan 20 2004, 12:56 PM
hahahaha...

Is it me or is there nothing uglier than a ricer with a carbon fiber hood? They are totally mismatched. I asked a ricer once why they dont just paint it to match, "WELL GUY, CUZ THEN TEH A HOOD WILLNT BE AZZ LIT3!" How much heavier would paint make the fuckin hood <----real question, im actually curious.
I would watch whom in that group you called a ricer on the road ;) The only ones with CF hoods are both FWD/Turbo models with a little muscle under the hood. As for painting them, it seems like prep/paint cost would exceed that of the hood itself, so why bother?

BMWL2: There are a few RS/GS models in that group, but we don't discriminate ;)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yessir, the only front-mount intercooler equipped Plymouth of the bunch. You DID scroll over to see all of them, riiight. :p

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by LandoAWD+Jan 20 2004, 02:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LandoAWD @ Jan 20 2004, 02:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dubumb@Jan 20 2004, 12:56 PM
hahahaha...

As for painting them, it seems like prep/paint cost would exceed that of the hood itself, so why bother? [/b][/quote]
so it looks nicer

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by dubumb+Jan 20 2004, 03:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dubumb @ Jan 20 2004, 03:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 02:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dubumb
@Jan 20 2004, 12:56 PM
hahahaha...

As for painting them, it seems like prep/paint cost would exceed that of the hood itself, so why bother?
so it looks nicer [/b][/quote]
Opinions are like assholes...we all have em. :cheers

I will be leaving mine in clear-coated CF (no paint) when I decide to fork over that much for an "appearance mod"...though mine will have functional heat exducers.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by LandoAWD+Jan 20 2004, 03:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LandoAWD @ Jan 20 2004, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 02:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dubumb
@Jan 20 2004, 12:56 PM
hahahaha...

As for painting them, it seems like prep/paint cost would exceed that of the hood itself, so why bother?

so it looks nicer
Opinions are like assholes...we all have em. :cheers [/b][/quote]
I dont think people with spina bifida have assholes... lol but anyway you're right.. i personally just think it looks kinda kooky

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
dubumb, thats a lousy ass thing to say about DSM's.. you think your car is any better than what those guys have?? probably not, most of those 2g GSX's cost twice if not more than what your cars worth... I've owned 3 DSM's before and they are everything but RICE, and I had a C/F hood on mine unpainted...... It's the way they are designed you jerkoff....GOD you just pissed me off...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by bimmerfan620@Jan 20 2004, 07:40 PM
dubumb,  thats a lousy ass thing to say about DSM's..   you think your car is any better than what those guys have?? probably not, most of those 2g GSX's cost twice if not more than what your cars worth... I've owned 3 DSM's before and they are everything but RICE, and I had a C/F hood on mine unpainted...... It's the way they are designed you jerkoff....GOD you just pissed me off...
lol calm down, it wasnt ment to piss anyone off... i know nothing bout those cars, but i dont like mitsus... chill out this isnt supposed to be an angry thread..

·
Registered
990 Posts
probably not, most of those 2g GSX's cost twice if not more than what your cars worth...
they do? ok... sorry i didnt realize this was an expense contest...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
no, but do you see how it pissed me off, you didn't know anyone on this website had a big interest in the DSM community before, and it made me angry, you wrote some things that didn't sound very cool like you were bashing those cars and that just wasnt' cool.... not to me at least, but man that's just one thing I get hot tempered about, sorry i kind of attacked you personally like that, I just got overwhelmed...

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
when I get a cf hood on the soon to be my E30 M3, I probably will leave it unpainted if I get the gunmetal grey model I'm looking for. Otherwise I'll paint it. And unless you have a lightweight aluminum hood already, a cf hood allows you to drop a good 10 pounds of fat...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dubumb, thats a lousy ass thing to say about DSM's.. you think your car is any better than what those guys have?? probably not, most of those 2g GSX's cost twice if not more than what your cars worth... I've owned 3 DSM's before and they are everything but RICE, and I had a C/F hood on mine unpainted...... It's the way they are designed you jerkoff....GOD you just pissed me off...
Its no big deal. I live in a redneck area, and I would be classified by the mullet-wearers as a ricer. I usually just ask them to put up or shut up. :p

It really doesn't bother me at all...this is, after all, the internet.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by LandoAWD+Jan 21 2004, 08:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LandoAWD @ Jan 21 2004, 08:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bimmerfan620@Jan 20 2004, 07:40 PM
Its no big deal. I live in a redneck area, and I would be classified by the mullet-wearers as a ricer. I usually just ask them to put up or shut up. :p

It really doesn't bother me at all...this is, after all, the internet. [/b][/quote]
haha thanks for the defence....

I'm curious... do you have a BMW or want one? or are you just a fan?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by dubumb@Jan 21 2004, 12:09 PM

I am an auto enthusiast, but found this place during the Speedster bashing era...I joined to chime in and mention that the EXACT same thin happened in the DSM circles with a guy named 'Infury'.

I'd love to own an M5 at some point, but cash keeps me in my beaters.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by LandoAWD+Jan 21 2004, 12:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LandoAWD @ Jan 21 2004, 12:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dubumb@Jan 21 2004, 12:09 PM

I'd love to own an M5 at some point, but cash keeps me in my beaters. [/b][/quote]
:werd:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
how can you not have any cash but you have a sick ass front mount in your car? those are over a grand alone.... :dunno

1 - 20 of 64 Posts