BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I have just migrated from the world of Darton sleeves, T3/T4 turbos, Wilwood big brakes kits etc. That's right bacon moved over to sizzline, or shall I say from Acura (honda) to Euro. I now as of last week am the VERY proud and excited owner of my first European car and fortunate enuff to have it be an M3. A 98 to be exact with 60K miles, new tires, brakes and a warranty good for another 16 months or 25K miles (85K). The auto came with a moonroof, power seats, heated seats, disc changer basically EVERY option aside from the rear spoiler...which I will have to add. Anyhow I dropped 22 grand for it, so I hope I didn't give to much. I have always dreamed of driving this machine and now I own it.....awesome. I have owned many a vehicle thus far and intend on representin, for the M has yet to lose :p latest victim Audi TT.....he started it!!!!!!!!!! Really I want to know what you folks think of these ideas. I planned on smoking the glass 35%, CAI, exhaust, as well as the chip mod. Now since I am a newbie all I can do is read and learn so EDUCATE ME! I hear that there is a "sizzle" sound created by the Dinan chips....any thoughts? Also maybe a poll or opinions on preferred CAI's. I will also do the headlight conversion as well. I would more than love to boost this baby as the Kompressor is by far the most effective way to generate horsepower, after all it is power created as a result of a bi- product however the cost to boost these rides seems damn near INSANE! On the other hand how in the hell would a turbo spool up since the rev limits seem so low. Detonation seems like it might be an issue too, I guess I would be willing to drop 2 or 3 grand to mod, but that's it. From what I gathered no turbo for that. So unless someone has like the Walmart special on a kit the "bolt on" stuff has to be my option. Thanks to all in advance! CYA!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, does anyone know what the stock compression is? Maybe a link with the specs of the internals perhaps? Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
here ya go

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
welcome also

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it's a 5 speed, silver with all black interior. Honestly I would have gone with black with the magma interior (brown). I grabbed this because the cat who had it placed new brakes and tires all around as well as the warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts