BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help... im in long beach and its so hot without A/C ... i had a shop pressure test it... and recharge it... only to find out the comressor refuses to turn on... i hit the button...and nothing.... i turn the button on, and use a test light on the wire at compresor, nothing.....

if i just a hot wire to compressor it works... someone help. its soo hot!!!!

· Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like you have a broken wire between the A/C button & the compressor clutch mechanism. You'll need to do a search. for it. OR I don't know, there may be a relay in the system that could have blown if it has one. What about a blown fuse? Check out the wiring diagram for your car & trouble shoot it from there. Or let a shop or dealer repair it for you if you can't.

· Premium Member
364 Posts
If you jump the system so that the compressor comes on, does the AC work then? I know you said that you had it recharged but it is impossible to charge the system if the compressor is not coming on. I know on my Volvo there is a pressure switch that keeps the compressor from coming on if there is not enough freon. You should try to find the wiring diagram for your car and see if there is a pressure switch in the system and then jump that to see if the compressor comes on. If it does, then you need more freon or a new pressure switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.