BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a problem with my A/C and Heat.

Whenever I turn on A/C on 4, it feels like it is on 1. I checked the Blower Motor Resistor with my Ohm meter and it seemed like it was working fine, none of the wires looked blown and matched up with ohms I found on the internet. So, if that isn't the case, what is the problem?

I know my heat doesn't work well and we thing it is the thermostat so we bought one but we haven't put it in yet. You think that might fix the problem?

Also, on an unrelated note. I found that something under the car starts rattling loudly whenever in gear. My dad says it could be the muffler mounts but I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks for all of your help! :)

· Ich bin der Modifikator
3,190 Posts
I said previously that I checked the blower motor resistor a.k.a final stage unit. I found that it was fine and the ohms were all in check.
Another none prone problem with the E36, is the climate control unit itself.....
with all different symptoms.....

check out links below......they tend to crap out.....:(

Richard's Web Site

blah, and other stuff: Climate Control problems on BMW E36

BMW E36 climate control module repair

E36 Climate Control Fan Motor - BMW CCA

E36 Climate Control Issue (litte or no fan) - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

Hope these links help.......it is either one or the other......final stage or the control unit....

good luck

johnny :)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, Johnny. My dad was actually thinking it would be the Climate Control Unit because everything else checks out. However, in those links, the guide is for a digital climate control unit but mine is analog. Will that make a difference on which capacitors I need to fix and where they would be? I'm thinking about just going down to the junkyard and getting one from them for a couple bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.