BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a weird question. I am looking for a used 98 m3 sedan. I have noticed that the computer under the temp controls has diffrent versions. The reason I say this is some have more buttons then others. Is this just a tripometer ? And if so are the two versions ? whats the diffrence in the two ?

Thanks in advance
Schuifan

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Good question...i'm also wondering about this. My m3 has very limited controls there. How do you get the whole deal?

Like mpg, average speed, shit like that.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Some are merely clocks, while others are OBC's (onboard computer). Check control messages are displayed there on some.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I have a 98' 330i and it has the button and I can limit my speed, set a timer, see average speed, average gas milage, miles left until empty, temp....ect...

·
Registered
4 Posts
The simpler version you will see has the basics, clock, outside temp, system check etc. The our advanced OBC was a $500.00 option in '98 and '99. It will include avg miles per hour, avg fuel consumption, miles to empty, time to destination etc. The option was called On Board Computer. BR

·
Registered
487 Posts
You'll be too busy driving to worry about buttons. Other wise you maybe need another car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts