BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my check engine light comes on when my car is running rough. I am getting four codes. My Peake scan tool is giving me:
0D : O2 Sensor #1
0C : O2 Sensor #2
C9 : Lambda Control #1
CB : Lambda Control #2
My car runs smooth sometimes, and when it does for a long time, the check engine light goes off. Can the last two codes cause the first two?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Lambda codes are set when the O2 correction goes out-of-range.

In cases, like this, I would train my sights first on checking the MAF, and checking for air leaks(loose clamps, cracked boots or disconnected hose) and checking for leaks also in the intake manifold.

Correct any faults, Clear the codes and RETEST.

With some luck, the readings can be brought within range and u won't need new O2 sensors although BMW does recommend u replace them every 50,000miles.

good luck.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
The o2 sensors have probably reached full adaption levels, reset the adaptions and see how it goes, I had one o2 sensor that reach the full level about every three months, in the end I did change it, it will affect your mpg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
E38

I have the same problem ... I check all the boots and there. Good i change my 2. O2 sensors and still get the same thing... You guys think i need to change the catalyc converter????? That will be $$$$

Hi, my check engine light comes on when my car is running rough. I am getting four codes. My Peake scan tool is giving me:
0D : O2 Sensor #1
0C : O2 Sensor #2
C9 : Lambda Control #1
CB : Lambda Control #2
My car runs smooth sometimes, and when it does for a long time, the check engine light goes off. Can the last two codes cause the first two?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts