BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling to get a Jeep for winter. Make an offer

The car, 95 Alpine White M3 155,215 on the clock, 5 speed with Heated/Manual vader package. Runs and drives and shifts GREAT.

Since I have had the car:
-New Rear tires (fronts at 85-90%)
-2 New ebrake cables
-New RTABS
-New Powerflex subframe bushings (Purple)
-Seafoamed though vaccume line.
-Re-Wired HELLA HID kit for correct operation
-Did the strip enforcement on the OBC so display can now be read
-New Fuel pump/sending unit from 99 M3
-Fixed all intake system leaks

On the car when bought:
-Scorpion dual tip exhaust, nice low tone
-AR? Strut tower bar with mushroom preventative cap?
-Solid Intake W/performance filter
-E46 mock gills ( I dont really like them but explained later)
-HELLA KID Kit
-Clear Corners
-Drilled Rotors
-WIndow Tint
-Some Audio stuff MB quart crossover and tweeters in door?
-PO said car was chipped for the exhaust and the Intake.

Now, what I have gatherd from the car with my automotive experience/expertise:
I start with what I DO NOT LIKE:
The exterior is ROUGH, Rock chips are on the hood, fenders, bumber and the metal inbetween piece that holds the grilles. On the rest of the body there are a few chips here and there, and a crack in the paint on the driver side door about 4 inches long. One spot of rust about the size of a dime right under the passenger taillight and its surface. The spoiler is faded and the car is missing one side (2) of the little circle things that go on the side skirts. From about 10 feet away the car looks good, up close these things bother me. Also the Pass side view mirror glass is cracked. Windshield is cracked as well and will need replaced. Driver side fender is dented in slightly by the clear corner, like some one kneed it or something. Its not enough to have been anytype of moving collision and the paint is there and un-disturbed but its just slightly pushed in. The PO installed e46 gills, but i dont like them. I was planning on getting 2 new fenders from ebay for 240 bucks and installing those but as I said above Im better off just selling. EXTERIOR GETS 4.5/10
INTERIOR:
The interior came along way from when I bought it, originally everything was loose and dirty. When I got it back to the house, I took out console and seats/floor mats trunk stuff and just cleaned it all. Reinstalled everything and it looks 100X better. The door panels are still loose a bit, and it missing one C panel cover on the passenger side. The vaders are in DECENT CONDITION, just FADED not TORN. THe OBC was completely unreadable so I could not see why the "CHECK" light was comming on but after fixing the OBC via the online DIY here The OBC is back a 87% pixel and 100% readable and indicated, check washer fluid level, check coolant fluid level and check a taillight. Check button is work on OBC from use? All in all when I install the radio I will give the interior a 7/10 and a will be 10/10 with new door panels, C pillar cover and maybe a re-dye on the seats.
ENGINE/ECU:
The engine is still strong, Pulls good and aside from a slight popping idle from the exhaust (working on it), the car idles rock solid at 800 RPMS. When warmed up the temp gauge peaks right at half and doesnt go a MM higher. I pressure tested the intake tract from before the HFM/MAS with 2 psi and after fixing three leaks the vac system will hold 2 psi until I let the pressure out. Just today I took out each spark plug for inspection and each was golden brown as it should be..no white or black although 2 of the 6 had a stronger fuel smell than the other which leads me to believe maybe they should be looked into for replacement. With how the car pulls, and everything explained I give the motor an 8/10. The car had an engine light on for knock sensor #2 code 1226, it was erased after I cleaned engine with seafoam and fixed the leaks and such and has not come back on since. If you read you will see it is a normal occurance for the 95s. Also the airbag light is on, I have read this is a normal occurance as well?
TRANNY:
The Tranny shifts smooth and feels tight. Clutch is NOT original and was replaced some time in the last 15K miles says the PO. Its holding power and feel led me to not doubt this at all. Holds all gears, moves in and out fine R-1-2-3-4-5 and doesnt pop out of gear at all. I give the tranny a 10/10.

MISC:
THe underside of the car is clean, I removed all of the rear suspension and the like with out anyproblems, zero rusted bolts...stuff like that. Everything is clean. Body minus what was listed above gets 8/10.

TITLE:
I have the NewJersey title in hand, CLEAR signed by the PO ready to transfer to the new buyer. ONLY REASON I HAVE NOT TRANSFERED TO MY NAME IN PA AT THE AAA YET IS BECAUSE I WANTED TO KEEP IT OFF OF INSURANCE WHILE I WAS GETTING SET FOR PA INSPECTION.

Please let me know what you think the car is worth or if you have an offer / trade throw it out there too. I was originally looking for a ready to drive Street bike or a Wrangler so if you have friends or know of anything please let me know. PICS COMING

1 - 3 of 3 Posts