BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres the deal...i found a 95 525i, super clean car,in and out, but it wont rev past 2000 rpm. the owner told me tat it ha overheated once they replace the water pump, t-stat etc. car ran fine after that then one day it started doing what its doing now, no rev past 2000-2500. parkedthe carbee sittin ever since. i asked if it overheats now he said yes, but it was 65 degrees here the other day and it sat and idleed in his driveway for almost an hour and the gague read normal the whole time. checked the obvious, no water in oil, no signs of moisture in valve cover...good heat,doesnt even miss. its got me stumpped. he claims a mechanic told him it needs a head gasket, but im not really convinced. regardless, the car is waaaay to cheap to pass up even if it needs a motor, but im just looking for some insight before i get it home. thaks in advance guys!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
so heres the deal...i found a 95 525i, super clean car,in and out, but it wont rev past 2000 rpm. the owner told me tat it ha overheated once they replace the water pump, t-stat etc. car ran fine after that then one day it started doing what its doing now, no rev past 2000-2500. parkedthe carbee sittin ever since. i asked if it overheats now he said yes, but it was 65 degrees here the other day and it sat and idleed in his driveway for almost an hour and the gague read normal the whole time. checked the obvious, no water in oil, no signs of moisture in valve cover...good heat,doesnt even miss. its got me stumpped. he claims a mechanic told him it needs a head gasket, but im not really convinced. regardless, the car is waaaay to cheap to pass up even if it needs a motor, but im just looking for some insight before i get it home. thaks in advance guys!!!!!
HI MATE
have you try rhe air-flow meter ?
disconect and start the car again, it shuld cut off without the air-low connection unless you keep your foot on the pedal.
If that"s the case ! you need a airflow meter.
good luck
tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.