BMW Werkz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
shit, that's a lot of miles!!!! maybe i'd pay $1,000 for that car.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yeah i noticed that as well

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My car has about 130,000 miles and the car looks brand new..... The original paint is 11 years old but has no "spyder webs" and is smoother then most new cars.

My interior also has new seats so it LOOKS perfect but its not..... A car is not just made up of the clutch, brakes, and shocks.... which can be easily replaced......

There are soooooo many parts that normal wear and tear will get to and theirs nothing you can do about it. BMW will last forever, and im sure the car you speak of MAY run fine.... but with that many miles next week your driving and the engine blows or the a major electrical problem occours.....

If the problem is about money save up for another month and you can find the same car with 100,000 miles less...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
the big question is auto or manual cause a auto tranny will go way before a manual. 190k miles isnt that bad, but i still think thats too high of mileage to buy a car at, cuz you cant really trust the guy.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
water pump, clutch, and axles will cost many hundreds of dollars. gotta find out when they were replaced

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Aug 21 2003, 10:36 PM
water pump, clutch, and axles will cost many hundreds of dollars. gotta find out when they were replaced
timing belt's a biggie also

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
e36s use a timing chain tho...

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
if its been properly serviced then there shouldnt be a problem.....

my old boss had a 740i with 400k on the clock and that was still sweet as a nut!

my 328 has done 125k......

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reason I asked about this, there are very few BMW's for sale around here. The nearest dealer is 2 and a half hours away. I really want an m3 but that will probably come at a later time this year or possibly begining of next. It all depends on how long it takes me to get rid of my Eclipse.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
dude wait for the M3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts