BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 93 320i. I believe that it is a euro car, because it uses liters, and kph, and so on. I bought it on auction. It is an inline 6 2.0 liter. I've not been able to find any information about a 93 320i. My question is:

How similar is it to the US version of the 325i, and can I use parts from a 325i for my 320i?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
they are the same as far as exterior , even the engine looks sort of the same. most parts are interchangable. it depends on what you are trying to swap. i know things like the airbox isnt because the actual intake size is smaller on the 320

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'Day, I had similar questions when I bought mine. Same year and model.
I live in Canada so kilometers and so on are the norm here but usually our dashes have mph and km/h. I really like it with km/h only because it provides a certain European authenticity.
In any case, the car is virtually identical to the 325i.
Chassis components will be the same, however most engine stuff probably isn't. I would suggest going to your local BMW dealer for some maintenance items such as filters and see what they say. I bought an air filter for a 325i at Napa, intending to use it in my car but it didn't fit. Strangely, the correct filter at the dealer was actually cheaper. If the dealer isn't helpful, then I hope there are others in your situation that can suggest a good supplier. The 320i isn't exactly the most popular model here in Canada, and was never imported by BMW Stateside.
...Al

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
the 320 is more similair to the 318 than the 325.

Mechanicly speaking im not sure how identical they are ( I would speculate not very, since it is still an i6) but performance and feature wise it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts