BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember i heard somewhere that the 92 and 93 e36's had some problems. And since im buying an e36 anytime soon, should i go with a 94 plus? or a 92-93 is a safe bet?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I recently bought a 93 325is with 84k, one thing to check for is the water pump, 93s came with a plastic one which is known for breaking you might want to check to see if it has been replaced with a metal one. A week after i had owned my bimmer the break pads and rotors needed replacing, and my front shocks are leaking, also down the road i am going to need my rear shock mounts replaced, and a new flex disc, if u can find a low mileage 93 like mine i would go fo it, other wise u might want to goto a 94, i think 94 have the bp skirts and bumpers too which would be a plus.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
96 is when the all bcp trim was started. 94-95 had partial bcp.

The early e36 suffers from a bad waterpump and premature rear-subframe failure. Aside from that, there usually arent too mnay problems as long as you identify them before you buy. If Aggieleand had a good inspection done, i doubt any of that would have happened.

·
Registered
179 Posts
92 325i
12 years absolutley perfect
btw if u get a 92 and a 92 only . . . the sound form the exhaust is awesome. it was the first i6 of the e36 and i guess bmw hadnt engineered noise cancellation w/o power loss yet . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts