BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89' 325 conv. I just put on a new top and bought it some new wheels, it still looks rice because it has an M3 badge on the trunk lid that is comming off as soon as I buy some gum off to clean up the glue...well anyways back to the topic...
My engine has a very anoying knocking in the mid engine, I think its a wrist pin waiting to break my engine in half...a rebuild is in the near future unless... :idea2 I can get another engine, maybe one out of an e36. I have checked around but I cant find if it can be done, or can it??? Please some tech advice would be appreciated.... :driving

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont mind the work but if its not gonna work thatn I dont want to take my car apart and then have to put it all back together. I f you know if I can use the same tranny or is it different I know that the engine mounts are probobly differfent but I can work with that. Well anyways thanks for replying it been a week and no one else has...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by flipsgonetopless@Sep 30 2003, 01:53 PM
I dont mind the work but if its not gonna work thatn I dont want to take my car apart and then have to put it all back together. I f you know if I can use the same tranny or is it different I know that the engine mounts are probobly differfent but I can work with that. Well anyways thanks for replying it been a week and no one else has...
the M20 tranny will bolt up to a M50/S50 motor, but it would better to swap it out for a e36 tranny anyway. you will also need a new differential and driveshaft. the engine mounts will need to be changed, but that wont keep you from succesfully completing the swap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts