BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new performance chip for my car how do I un solder the old one.
Also where can I get u joints for this car.
And last but not least How can I trouble shoot the automatic kick down button under the gas peddle. Thank you

·
Registered
29 Posts
the old chip is located on a bay of sorts... It should just come off and you just clip in the performance one. No soldering required...

U joints are usually sold complete with drive shafts. CV (Constant Velocity) joints or ball and cage joints are usually sold with drive axles. I'm sure you can order drive axles from you local parts store. Expect to wait at lease a week for delivery though. Drive Shafts might be more difficult to acquire for I have never seen one need replacing, except when my uncle snapped the one on his vette...

Not sure about the Kick down button... I tend to avoid Dogomatics like the plague...

Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrong?

Am I incorrect that the chip is located on the circuit board inside the ECU?
Thanks to all

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes the Chip does go into your ECU.
Your going to have to open the monotronic unit up, I took off both top and bottom of it and you will see that there is two boards one of the boards will open out of the unit like a book. On that board you will see 3 black chips and one of the chips will be sitting on a black conecter bay thing. It will be more elevated then the other chips. Just gently slide a screwdriver underneathe it and it should just pop out. Then just install your new chip, put it back together and reinstall! Should work if it doesn't you might have put the chip in backwards so make sure you put it in right the first time...

The ECU is located behind the glove box hanging from under the dash...

Good luck!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your reply, My problem is the Ecu is a Bosch numbers ending in 525. There is only 1 card in it my son and I counted pins on the 3 chips and found one of the same pin count and mm. dimensions, but all the darn chips are soldered in place. Any ideas I hate the young fellow can't use is gift. Thanks all, Blazein

1 - 6 of 6 Posts