BMW Werkz banner

87 325e no spark..PLEASE HELP!!!!!

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  beamers4life 
#1 ·
ok guys heres the deal. ran good, seemed to start a lttle hard, but may be normal, not sure, just got the car. drove it fri, and sat. sun morning installed a new radio in it. sat all day sun till early evening, got in it to leave , wont start. Has fuel, but no spark from the coil. First thought, replce coil, didnt work. i have 12v at + side of coil w/key on, and 12v on - side as well at all times w/key on ,no pulse when it cranks. Pulled crank sensor and it tests in spec(at least i think so, got info online). some corrosion on terminals, but i dont tink thats problem. I ordered a bently, but untill i get it im not sure of the relay locations. his sems to be a common problem but i have not seen anyone that has this exact problem. I also tried removing the radio(just a thought) didnt help either. is there any oter tests for the cp sensor? I have fuel, so the pumps are working? Any help you experts have would be appreicated. This is my second bmw, and the first time i had any problems like this.

#2 ·
Where did you test for spark?

In no start conditions aside from checking at the plugs... you also need to check for spark at the coil wire.

Measure voltage at coil. if at least 11.5; then,

Check - spark at coil, but no spark at plugs.... then suspect distributor cap n rotor.

No spark at coil. check all fuses, and main relay.

Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.