BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....enough of this clutch fan noise and drama...i want an electric fan...any advice on what how or anything would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Might even merrit a beer :cheers

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on....all i need to know is what size fan to get?! and i know its a puller...oh well i guess i will just have to buy one and hope for the best... :eek:P

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what belt do i use to go from crank to alternator at least?! come on i know not all of you just sit there and listen to the roar of the fan thats robbing you power...i know you guys do the fan conversion...answer me!!! LoL :banghead

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I live in florida, the risks outweigh the gains in my opinion.

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fan i boguht is WAY more efficient that the clutch fan so i think its worth it...i bought a 2950 cfm fan...its electric and flex in one....i did it and i LOVE it....it was SOOOOOOOOO worth it...my car runs cooler sounds AWESOME!! and since the fan is on a switch i can leave it off till the car is warm...result warms up faster....EVERYONE DO IT..the power alone is worth it

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ok ill take a look. Whats the brand and name of the fan and model type if they make more than one? Is it pretty much a direct fit on the radiator mounts? And lastley and most importantly for me at least, how much did it cost?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude.

Its a great conversion. Free's up a couple of HP, engine reaches temp quicker, doesnt matter what climate you live in, electric fan is just as efficient.

As for size. E30 M3 electric fan is a direct replacement, straight onto the original mounts.

or PACET do a whole kit with a capillary thermostat.

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just started flipping through the pages of summit racing and found on of the most wicked fans they had...i paid like $150 for the fand and tore into the motor...first thing to go was the shorud then the fan and cloctch...then mounted up the fan and hooked it up like a pair of fog lights...wirining was that easy...and i was done...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
how did you mount it though? Was it mostly jury rig or was there easy mount points?

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
:uggh hmmmmmm

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mounting it was easy cause the fan came with mounting clips...the fan i got off Summit Racing and i swear by the conversion...only thing you neeeeeeeeeeed to remember is to still use the pulley at the fan because it turns the water pump...dont be a retard like me the first time around and almost murder your engine.....i have never seen a temp needle pegged before...sacred the crap out of me...just remove the fan shroud fan and clutch and clip in the new slim fit electric fan and wire it to a switch....orrrrrr you can spend a lot of money and get a thermo switch but im a broke @$$ hoe so i did a switch...with the removal of power steering ac and clutch fan and added ecu and CAI and echaust my mpg at 70 mph in 5th is pegged at 38 i drive HARD and i get 28mpg to a tank...why didnt i buy one of these things sooner.... :banghead

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
How did you remove your power steering? Did you actually remove and bypass the tubing or did you just take out the pulley? Because you really should take out the entire thing. How much did your AC wiegh?

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i actually completely removed my powersteering and ac and plugged them off...id say i probably shaved off 80lbs or so...i love my steering ever since...im not a big fan of power steering or ac...so as soon as i realized the ac didnt work...i tore all of it out including the ac lines...im just trying to set up my car for auto x now...its got plenty of power now just had to lighten it up...the power steerin was kind of a b!#ch to remove but i did it with the help of one of these bimmer sites...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts