BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an '84 318i. It ran great for the last few months but just recently it's been having problems. It starts fine but the idles a little weird. Then when I try to drive it it barely goes, it has no power. It only revs up to 1500rpms at most and I can only get it up to about 20, 25mph. If I push the peddle down half way it drives a little, but when I floor it it cuts out and only revs but struggles. I checked the plugs and there were pretty bad. I cleaned them and it seemed to work. I got new plugs and it ran good for about a day then started acting the same way. I replaced the fuel filter but that didn't help. I don't know what else to do or where else to start. Do you think it could be my fuel injectors? Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you so much for all your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMFG i had the exact same problem and i have a 84 318i also but i did alot i replaced the fuel filter i clean the injectors i got new plugs and new wires and i play with the distributer then it was fixed so do all that and it should be fixed...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts