BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased the Car, the display was skipping and it was very hard to read, if i take it to the dealership it will cost me an arm and a leg to replace the whole console, does anyone have a way to fic this without much money? Thanks ManUtd29!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
which display? If it's the one under your speedo then the only fix is the dealer, same thing happened to me when I had my 540, dealer quoted me $450.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it is the one where the radio stations is displayed and the one on the dashboard that displays the actions of the car such as "parking brake is on"

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
umm if its only when ur drivin..then i think u have a short somewhere

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
that's the OBC or on board computer. There may just be a burnt out light or a short in the wire. Are you good with electronics, if so you might want to get back in there and see if you can fix it without going to the dealer.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by cam540@Apr 14 2003, 02:26 AM
that's the OBC or on board computer. There may just be a burnt out light or a short in the wire. Are you good with electronics, if so you might want to get back in there and see if you can fix it without going to the dealer.
ya..the last resort is the stealership..even i know that

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by cam540@Apr 14 2003, 02:26 AM
and i said it was a short before u silly..hehe

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by ManUtd29@Apr 14 2003, 04:28 AM
Yeah Ill see if I can get behind the panel and fix it, its most likely a short
it seems lik a short to me..is it when ur drivin? or just sittin there wit car off but radio and wha not on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts