BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am planning to buy a bmw 740il year 2001. This is going to be my first bmw, if I buy it. It has 96000 miles on it and seems very clean inside and outside.
The owner said that this car came with sport package, but I have doubts. My understanding is that 740il with sport package has steering similar to one which is in 2001 M5. and the navigation has wide screen display. The seats also does not look like the one which comes with M5. What is the best way to find this out.
The vehicle vin number is WBAGH834X1DP20613. Can anyone pull carfax report for me.

Thanks
Bye

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Is he saying its a sport or just the sport package? there is a difference, widescreen should be in a 2001 model but nothing to do with sport, it should have the ///M steering wheel,///M parallel wheels and an anthracite head lining, if it is a real sport the differential is different also, if he is saying its a sport let me know and I will tell you how to test the diff to confirm, however the car will have to be driven at 80mph to do the test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts