BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Looking to purchase a bmw not sure what i should get 530 or 740i any sugestions appreciated. also if anyone knows how the maintance is on 530 and 740 series cars..

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
do you want brand new?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Depends on what you will be using the car for. I would recommend the 7 series; complete luxury but be prepared to budget approx $1k to $2k annually for mntc expenses.

Go to www.e38.org or other BMW forums to get more info :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
7 series is where it's at. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
i was determined to buy a 540i and the same day i drove one i left with a 740i.

here is what i think:

5 series - smaller, more sporty and lighter than the 740i. seems a tad more fun to drive due to these things.

7 series - a little bigger in the cabin, i like the styling more myself, more features, more luxurious, still sporty.

the only real reason i have a 7 instead of a 5 is because the price on this car was right. i got a great deal. but i like them about equally, each is a little bit different though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
yep, great deals on 7 series out there.................

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Great deals because of unreliability.

check consumersunion.org.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by Silver4evr@May 7 2004, 03:00 AM
Great deals because of unreliability.

check consumersunion.org.
That is why Honda sells 250k cars a year. BMWs are not about how long the radiator will last but how they drive. It isn't the ultimate lasting machine.
Another point do your research, if you have to ask you can't afford it. The BMWs may take you to the cleaners. Fantastic cars though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts