BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

OK so I have the 530xi with the 17" wheels on it. I want to swap out the wheels with a set of the 19" 550 or M5 wheels.

So I am guessing staggered wheels are out of the question....

I am trying to figure out what offset of wheel I need. Most shops I have been to don't know what to do with the AWD wagon..

I don't want to have the wheels sit inside the fenders and I don't want them out side the fenders..:help

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I really don't see why it can't be done. The x-drive really shouldn't have an effect because I've seen some majorly staggered wheels on a 335xi and as far as I can tell it looked like it had all the traction/driveability in the world.

What did these shops say to you about staggered wheels BTW? I'm interested in hearing what they have to say.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really don't see why it can't be done. The x-drive really shouldn't have an effect because I've seen some majorly staggered wheels on a 335xi and as far as I can tell it looked like it had all the traction/driveability in the world.

What did these shops say to you about staggered wheels BTW? I'm interested in hearing what they have to say.
That is true... The shops say that the wheels need be same size if not the sensors will go crazy.. I didn't buy it but I forgot about the 335 xi....

No this changes everything...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.