BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 95 530i with a vibration. I have recently had control arm bushings replaced, tires rotated and balanced. The steering wheel doesn't shake but you can feel the vibration, worse between 55 @ 65mph, engine idles good not rough. Car has 107k. I'm thinking possibly transm. or bearing.

Thanks ahead for any advice you can give.

Marlon

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
What's the scoop w/ the ball joints and how good a condition is the treds??

How bout the obvious..when's the last time you had an alignment done??

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
could be a wheel bearing or a ball joint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires have about 5k miles. mech. said today front end tight. He's unsure about vibrations origin.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you are not feeling it in the steering wheel then where are you feeling it? Do you feel it rolling, braking or something else? Would you say it was a shake or a shudder?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My cousin had a simular problem with his m3. It was the tires, being slightly out of round (continentals) What kind of tires do you have

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car has new rotors, braking not a problem, no vibration there. Vibration can be felt through out car. since my last post I've found out its most likely in the driveline, bearing or bushing. Open to any other ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well by yor desricption and what you have already checked out, I would agree with you, it is most likely in your drivetrain somewhere. Mine shakes very bad on braking I thought it was time to change out the front end bushings but it appears my Zimmerman rotors may be the problem. Which is better since they are cheaper and simpie to install! Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your on the highway get up to speed and put the trans in neutral, or out of gear. If you still feel the vibration and its' rate is the same, its the wheel, tire, rotor, bearing etc, and not the drive, train. If the vibration increases with RPM, its the engine trans or drivetrain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts