BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 530i with 175k on it. the motor has a bad lifter and blown head gasket. i am ontemplating replaing the head gasket and lifter (if i can figure otu which head and lifter is the problem, do you know how?). i am very mechanically inclined has build a hand fullof transmissions and engine work but never a bmw before. based on the amount of work which i do have time and the cost of parts i am wondering if it would be easier to put a used motor in from a 530i or a 540i motor. if i put a 540 motor in what would i need to do, are the computers and wires the same, mounting, ect. its an automatic by the way. so any input on doing a head job, replacing the motor, or dropping in a 540i motor would be great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Since you have a 95, you will need to do the EWS delete when using the M60B40 DME (from a 94). You will have to watch your right foot with the automatic tranny since the B40 has a different and stronger automatic transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.